9.30am to 4.30pm
This two day workshop is designed to orient participants to the purpose and practice of teaching in higher education. It will situate participants’ teaching in a meaningful context of practice and pedagogic theory.
Please note this specific version of the workshop is allocated for those involved in Creative Mindsets (previously Changing Mindsets). If you are unsure whether this applies to you please get in touch before booking a place.
Tues 24 July 2018 930am-430pm
Wed 25 July 2018 930am-430pm
*Please note that attendance is required on both days.*
Vikki Hill, Thinking Teaching Lecturer,Teaching and Learning Exchange
Additional staff TBC
What will I learn?
The workshops will be a blend of theoretical input and practical activity. You will:
• reflect on your own teaching practice and learning experiences
• gain an understanding of key pedagogic ideas
• explore basic techniques for designing teaching sessions
• co-design and deliver a micro-teaching activity
• learn to consider learners
• explore potential barriers to learning.
Who should attend?
This workshop is aimed at UAL staff who are new into teaching/student facing activity.
PLEASE NOTE: This course is for UAL staff or currently enrolled UAL students only. We cannot accept registrations from outside UAL at the current time