10am to 12pm
This session will focus on Research Ethics, providing an overview of the processes and procedures involved. It will include detailed information on different aspects as well as an analysis of the various paperwork involved. Topics will include:
- Participant information sheets
- Consent forms
- Informed consent for parents
- Correspondence with outside organisations/other ethics committees etc
- Materials in other languages (translations)
- Research involving the NHS
- Payment to research participants
- Potential risks, conflicts of interest
- Vulnerable Groups
- Policy on Research Involving Animals
- Data Collection
- Confidentiality and Data Handling.
The session will also present a previous research case study and use this as an example to discuss the complex layers of ethical considerations involved.
Who can attend?
The seminar is open to all UAL staff and postgraduate students with an interest in educational research.
It is part of the Research Methods Seminar Series 2018, programmed by the Teaching and Learning Exchange. This series is organised for postgraduate students on the MA Academic Practice in Art, Design and Communication, but all are welcome to attend.
About the Teaching and Learning Exchange
We support teaching and learning enhancement at UAL, working in partnership with staff and students. We offer a variety of workshops and seminars to support staff development, as well as more formal teaching qualifications.