9.30am to 4.30pm
This two day workshop is designed to orient participants to the purpose and practice of teaching in higher education. It will situate participants’ teaching in a meaningful context of practice and pedagogic theory.
Dates & Locations
Thurs 19 & Fri 20 April
Please note: Attendance is required on both days.
Lindsay Jordan, Course Leader, PgCert: Academic Practice in Art, Design and Communication
Lucy Panesar, Education Developer (Diversity and Inclusion), Teaching & Learning Exchange
What will I learn?
The workshops will be a blend of theoretical input and practical activity. You will:
• reflect on your own teaching practice and learning experiences
• gain an understanding of key pedagogic ideas
• explore basic techniques for designing teaching sessions
• co-design and deliver a micro-teaching activity
• learn to consider learners
• explore potential barriers to learning.
Who should attend?
This workshop is aimed at people who are new into teaching/student facing activity. This session will be particularly focused to UAL PhD students looking to become eligible for graduate teaching hours. PLEASE NOTE: This course is for UAL staff or currently enrolled UAL PhD students only. We cannot accept registrations from outside UAL at the current time.