9.30am to 4.30pm
This two day workshop is designed to orient participants to the purpose and practice of teaching in higher education. It will situate participants’ teaching in a meaningful context of practice and pedagogic theory.
Mon 19 March 2018 930am-430pm (Room LIME GROVE LG A205)
Fri 23 March 2018 930am-430pm (Room JOHN PRINCES ST JPS 418B)
*Please note that attendance is required on both days.*
Vikki Hill, Thinking Teaching Lecturer,Teaching and Learning Exchange
Additional staff TBC.
What will I learn?
The workshops will be a blend of theoretical input and practical activity. You will:
• reflect on your own teaching practice and learning experiences
• gain an understanding of key pedagogic ideas
• explore basic techniques for designing teaching sessions
• co-design and deliver a micro-teaching activity
• learn to consider learners
• explore potential barriers to learning.
Who should attend?
This workshop is aimed at UAL staff who are new into teaching/student facing activity.