Prepare yourself to confidently navigate the complex terrain of work experience. This includes; internships, placements, project work or volunteering. Learn how to negotiate with employers, plan your learning and pick up tips on how to approach organisations or businesses through a series of short exercises. The workshop aims to:
- Clarify common terminology
- Inform you of worker’s rights
- Offer tips on how to approach businesses, organisations and individuals
- Pass on resources to assist in structuring your own learning and agreements
- Share advice on how to make the most out of short term opportunities
- Provide you with guidance on how to reflect on your learning
- Give you confidence when applying and negotiating terms of your exchange
- Help support your decision making and planning into the future
There will be time for questions during the workshop and further resources will be signposted throughout.
The session will be led and facilitated by: Kerri Jefferis, Employability Practitioner (CSM and LCF) and is organised by the Careers and Employability team.
This event is open to ALL
students and graduates from ALL