9.30am to 4.30pm
This two day workshop is designed to orient participants to the purpose and practice of teaching in higher education. It will situate participants’ teaching in a meaningful context of practice and pedagogic theory.
Dates & Locations
Wed 6th September (Richbell Place, WC1N 3LA, Room G06)
and Wed 13th September (Location TBC)
Please note: Attendance is required on both days.
Catherine Smith, Programme Director, PgCert/MA Academic Practice in Art, Design and Communication
Additional staff TBC
What will I learn?
The workshops will be a blend of theoretical input and practical activity. You will:
• reflect on your own teaching practice and learning experiences
• gain an understanding of key pedagogic ideas
• explore basic techniques for designing teaching sessions
• co-design and deliver a micro-teaching activity
• learn to consider learners
• explore potential barriers to learning.
Who should attend?
This workshop is aimed at people who are new into teaching/student facing activity.