1pm to 2.30pm
This workshop is an overview of current and best practice for writing your CV. As well as, how to plan a job search to ease stress and make the most of your available time.
During the session you will engage with examples and playfully test out a number of options. The aim, to learn how to present your key skills and experiences whilst strategically applying for new graduate roles.
CV and Job Hunting is for those curious about how to approach people and successfully gain employment. It will:
- Make you aware of different CV formalities
- Show you how to tailor yours for specific opportunities
- Demystify CV vocabulary, structure and style
- Give tips and tools to assist with job hunting
- Show you how to analyse a job description
- Tell you about different appraoches to writing cover letters
- Introduce different professional networking site such as Linkedin and The Dots.
There will be plenty of time for questions - further support and resources will be signposted throughout.
The session will be led and facilitated by CSM's dedicated Employability Practitioner and is organised by the Careers and Employability team.
This is open to ALL students and graduates from ALL UAL colleges.
CV's and Job Hunting is part of a series of free workshops offered at CSM on Monday the 27th, look out for CareerLAB as well as Interview Skills.